My favorite Books and authors

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Rendezvous with Rama by Arthur C. Clarke

This book was awarded both Hugo and nebula awards and is considered as a science fiction classic. At one time I was a science fiction addict. This is due to the fact that any newspaper or a magazine you put your hands on had something about space and space travel during my childhood. When the Sputnik orbited the earth  I was 6 years old. So, as children we got an overdose of information about the space, space travel and majority of science fiction was about space and the aliens. Add to that, Arthur C. Clarke was an honored and honorary citizen of my land. This story I enjoyed a lot.

The story is set in the year 2130. Scientist observe an asteroid and when it comes closer they realize that it is not an asteroid but an alien spaceship. The ship is a perfect cylinder 50 km long. A group of scientists enter the ship and explore the artificial world inside the  ship. It is an adventure in an totally different world.

A must-read for any sci-fi fan.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment